Visual D Building problems

Rufus Smith via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 1 15:00:52 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 31 July 2016 at 20:46:36 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 31.07.2016 02:10, Rufus Smith wrote:
>> On Saturday, 30 July 2016 at 07:18:40 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
>> wrote:

>>> There is now an AppVeyor build here for the full installer:
>>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald. Most of the
>>> work
>>> needed was to setup and build the external projects.
>>>
>>> It is currently testing my master branch (not dlang) but I'll
>>> change
>>> that later. Only the VS2013 build passes ATM (using the
>>> Win8.1 SDK),
>>> because AppVeyors' trial license for VS2015 has expired :-/
>>
>> Thanks for putting the time in to this! Is it as easy to test
>> VS2015 as
>> VS2013 or is there a lot of work involved? I see you did some
>> VS2015
>> work, did they update their license or is VS2015 dead in the
>> water on
>> AppVeyor?
>>

> They fixed the VS2015 license and I fixed the Visual D build.
> The newest Win10 SDK actually included some changes that made
> adoption of the conversion process necessary.
>
> The latest build is successful for both Visual Studio versions.
> The most interesting parts should be the nmake builds for
> targets "prerequisites" and "visuald_vs".
>
> A Visual D installation currently consists of about 10
> different binaries. I hope I'll find some time soon to update
> the documentation with some details about this, so it's easier
> to find the project that you are interested in.

Ok, I tried the latest and still have problems.

I built the build project first which passed, then tried to build
the visuald project.

I get the errors:

Error: module commctrl is in file 'sdk\win32\commctrl.d' which
cannot be read
Error: module windef is in file 'sdk\win32\windef.d' which cannot
be read
Error: module windef is in file 'sdk\win32\windef.d' which cannot
be read

Any ideas? I tried copying from dmd's files but that didn't help
at all.