Command Line Arguments for Debug

Lobachevsky via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 5 08:12:48 PDT 2016

Is there a way to specify command line arguments when debugging
from Visual D?

That is, what would eventually run as

myApplication.exe -v220 -hz50

but where -v220 -hz50 are supplied to the executable when I press
(Debug) Start.

I found something which looked promising under Debug -
Application Properties - Command Line (second to last item in
list box) - Additional options. However, the text entered here is
used for the build and will unsurprisingly produce the following
error:

------ Build started: Project: Application, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
Building Debug\myApplication.exe...
Error: unrecognized switch '-v220'
Error: unrecognized switch '-hz50'
Building Debug\myApplication.exe failed!

Evidently this feature exists for C# in VS2010.  In Project
properties, under Debug, you can enter command line arguments,
then run the app with F5.  The debugger will be attached
automatically.