VisualD, Mono-D many features unusable

John via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 28 23:02:59 PDT 2016

I've been using Visual Studio Code and although it isn't perfect,
it does do a good enough job. The only thing is there is no
debugging on Windows for it. I've been able to get the C/C++
extension debugger working on Linux, as it interfaces with lldb
and gdb with "mi". There is no debugger on Windows that provides
that interface, there is mago-mi but I've looked at it and a lot
of the features aren't implemented. If Microsoft implements a
debugger using the mi interface, then it should end up working on
Windows eventually. It's probably one of the most requested
features, so I don't doubt they are working on it.

VisualD doesn't seem to be supported anymore, it's been a while
since a new version has been released. Haven't had too many
problems with VS Code w/ code-d though, it is a bit of a pain to
install but the go-to def works most of the time. There are some
cases where it doesn't work, like for functions that are using
UFCS. Also I debug on a virtual machine in Linux, can't debug
Windows but can at least debug there using a graphical interface
w/ code.