[VisualD] No support of Nvidia Nsight

Jerry via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 15 12:55:45 PST 2016

On Thursday, 15 December 2016 at 19:32:19 UTC, Xavier Bigand
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Nsight with VisualD by it tell me that it
> can not start the program "". It seems that it does not use the
> right property of the project to retrieve the path of my
> generated binary.
>
> I do not know if it is an issue of VisualD directly or DUB that
> don't correctly generate the VisualD project and miss to fill a
> field.
>
> Does someone use Nsight and VisualD?
>
> The performance profiler of VS works fine.

Been a while since I've used Nsight, but i think all it needs is
the executable. Whether it integrates with a visualD project, I'm
not so sure. But you can just create an empty project, go into
the nsight settings for the project and choose an executable.
Then launch the nsight debugger. Wish they provided a stand alone
version, it can be a pain to use with Visual Studio, especially
if your project isn't a visual studio project.