[VisualD] No support of Nvidia Nsight

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 16 08:53:47 PST 2016

On 15.12.2016 20:32, Xavier Bigand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Nsight with VisualD by it tell me that it can not
> start the program "". It seems that it does not use the right property
> of the project to retrieve the path of my generated binary.
>
> I do not know if it is an issue of VisualD directly or DUB that don't
> correctly generate the VisualD project and miss to fill a field.
>
> Does someone use Nsight and VisualD?
>
> The performance profiler of VS works fine.

I have never used NSight but assume it is some kind of debugger
extension to allow debugging code run by the GPU.

I suspect integration only works with VC projects, so you could try the
new D integration into VC projects, too. Install a recent build, e.g.
from
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/l1fln91vvimmoxcf/artifacts

and just drop your D files into the VC project. Probalby, NSight will
not notice you are using a different language ;-)