DlangIDE

Keywan Ghadami via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 17 09:38:27 PST 2016

On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 20:30:50 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 20:03:01 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> On Friday, 6 November 2015 at 06:07:16 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
>> wrote:

>>> Actually, development of DlangIDE is real life usage of
>>> DlangUI library.
>>> It requires adding of new features into GUI library, helps to
>>> find/fix bugs, etc.
>>>
>>> I don't assume any IDE with missing debugging support as
>>> suitable for development.
>>> So I'm not as a masochist as needed to use such tool.
>>> Code completion and reference lookup is great but is not used
>>> unless IDE is used for development.
>>>
>>> Now DlangIDE is more a demo of DlangUI features.
>>
>> Sorry. with the DCD 0.7.5 release i camp on my position. You
>> don't use it. You don't seem to get my position...It's totally
>> impossible not to find a bug, even a small thing...when you
>> use it.
>>
>> ;)
>
> B.T.W don't worry Vadim. You're not the lone hypocrite among
> the plugin writer. I say this I say nothing...
>
> Actually what I say looks agressive. But I dare that this is
> what I think when I find a bug: "Those fucking hypocrites don't
> even use it". Each time, I hate you more.

Basile can't you see that the idea behind dlangide is the
solution for that problem? dlangide is written in D, easy to hack
and build, so every dprogrammer can help to improve it. I already
did and i am only a beginner in d.

For me having an ide written in the language of the programmer is
like the spirit of open source - i strongly belive in it and i
thank Vadim for going that path for the us. For me Dlangide is a
game changer. Yes it's not finish and sometime it's still pain to
use it but things improving faster with each user. And yes i am
using dlangide to hack dlangide!

What about you using dlangide and makeing it perfect?! It is
realy a plesure to work with vadim and enouph room for
improvements!

So for me now finding bugs is kind of fun(not kidding), a chance
to fix something important! No more hating "hypocrites"- lets say
using dlangide gives you more controle.

Kind regards keywan