Visual Studio/D not debugging

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 28 00:05:14 PST 2016

On 26.01.2016 04:15, Igor wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 03:08:40 UTC, Igor wrote:
>
> For fields, when I add a watch to and obviously in scope variable, I get
>
> An unspecified error has occurred.
>
> For static memebers, I get
>
> App    identifier "App" is undefined
>
> If I qualify that with the class, like it's suppose to be, I still get
> the same thing:
>
> identifier "Mod.App" is undefined
>
> I can't even watch module level static variables ;/
>
> This must be an issue with VS 2015.

You should use fully qualified names for global and static variables,
because there is no debug information about current symbol lookup, e.g.
imports. Mago makes a guess from the mangling of the current function,
though.

The Visual Studio debugger is confused by '.' in names, so it is
replaced with '@' in the debug information (depending on the respective
setting on the debug project options), so you could try Mod at App.

A workaround is to use the mangled name, that can be copied from the
disassembly of an access to that variable. I doubt that this works for
thread local variables, though.