LNK 1181 error

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 30 09:23:03 PST 2016

On 29.01.2016 22:37, ixid wrote:
> I've suddenly started having this error, even after reinstalling DMD,
> Visual D and repairing Visual Studio 2013:
>
> "Debug\euler169.obj,Debug\euler169.exe,Debug\euler169.map,user32.lib+"
> kernel32.lib/NOMAP/CO/NOI/DELEXE
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
> 'Debug\euler169.obj,Debug\euler169.exe,Debug\euler169.map,user32.lib+'
> Building Debug\euler169.exe failed!
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

It seems you've got some PATH settings screwed up. The command line
looks like you are compiling for Win32 which needs the link.exe from the
dmd2\windows\bin folder, but it picks up the linker from the Microsoft
tool chain, probably from <VS-installation-path>\VC\bin.

You might also want the check the LINKCMD setting in sc.ini, this is
dmd's and Visual D's first guess.