[Visual-D] pure syntax highlighting; IntelliSense

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 6 15:29:20 PDT 2016

On 05.07.2016 16:42, Dmitry wrote:
> Could Visual-D highlight names of classes, names of structures and names
> of enums?
> For example, Xamarin Studio does it.
>
> Small example:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78963719/D/forum/syntax_highlight.png

So far, I haven't tackled that because I expect too many false
classifications. Please note that "to" is colorized as a type in
"to!string" by Mono-D.

So far, highlighting is only using information from the lexer, more
details need semantic analysis. Visual D and Mono-D share the same
semantic engine, though, so a similar result should be possible.

> And another thing. Visual-D projects uses case sensitivity IntelliSense.
> That is terrible. How change it to case insensitivity?

I guess that this should be an option, I'll put it on my todo list.