Visual D does not show fields in locals and cannot access through watch

Eppason via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 15 00:55:32 PDT 2016

On Friday, 15 July 2016 at 06:33:54 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 15.07.2016 02:53, Eppason wrote:
>> I have private static fields that visual D is not allowing me
>> to see
>> while debugging. I am flying blind, does not feel good!!
>
> You have to specify the fully qualified name including module
> name in the watch window, i.e.
>
> module test;
>
> struct S
> {
> 	int foo()
> 	{
> 		return xyz;
> 	}
> 	static int xyz = 7;
> }
>
> int main()
> {
> 	S s;
> 	return s.foo();
> }
>
> Depending on the debug engine used, watching S.xyz needs
> "test.S.xyz" in mago and "test at S@xyz" with the VS engines. Mago
> has some extra code to allow watching "xyz" when executing
> S.foo.

Is this not considered a bug? What about for the complex template
types like

module library.configrators;
struct PostHardThunk(Test, Actuator).

Do I really have to type all that stuff out just to get a watch?

Should the debugger not get the current module and type the
cursor is at and use them as defaults?