Visual D Building problems

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 21 13:50:33 PDT 2016

On 20.07.2016 01:49, Rufus Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 at 23:38:53 UTC, Rufus Smith wrote:
>> I updated to latest repository and fixed up stuff and I get
>>

>> Error        Error: module commctrl is in file 'sdk\win32\commctrl.d'
>> which cannot be read        \Projects\VD\visuald\windows.d    11
>>
>> Error        Error: module windef is in file 'sdk\win32\windef.d'
>> which cannot be read        \Projects\VD\sdk\port\base.d    16
>>
>> Error        Error: module windef is in file 'sdk\win32\windef.d'
>> which cannot be read        \Projects\VD\sdk\port\base.d    16
>

> I noticed that these files end up in win32\10.0.10586.0
>
> I copied them to the win32 dir but then get errors because the files
> look like
>
> module sdk.win32.10.0.10586.0.minwinbase; which are invalid.
>
> These files are autogenerated. On one hand some files only look for them
> in sdk\win32 and on the other they use the SDK Version in the names.
> This looks like a bug to me! Can't have .'s in the path names. Maybe
> better to strip all the win sdk path's version number or to replace .'s
> with _'s and make sure all use the full path instead of just the win32
> path.

The translation of SDK files has failed. It seems you have similar
issues as Joerg, maybe you find the answer in this thread:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/twutucaiqyxlewdhwnum@forum.dlang.org

I suspect that paths to the Windows SDK are wrong. I haven't yet seen
version 10586, let's hope Microsoft hasn't changed folder layout again.