Building Visual D

Joerg Joergonson via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 14:37:42 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 21:22:25 UTC, Joerg Joergonson
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 21:11:30 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
> wrote:
>>

>> On 13.06.2016 20:14, Joerg Joergonson wrote:
>>>
>>> That is where those errors come from:
>>>
>>> Building just the build project gives the error
>>>
>>> Building ..\bin\Debug\build.sdk...
>>> could not detect the Visual Studio SDK
>>> Building ..\bin\Debug\sdk.success failed!
>>>
>>> I installed the sdk but I imagine 2015 is different than the
>>> one you used.
>>
>> Sorry, you are right. It seems I've only built against the VS
>> 2013 SDK or earlier.
>>
>> I pushed some changes to also build with the VS 2015 SDK.
>
> Cool, thanks!

Ok, the problem is that the sdk paths are not correct. MS now
does some crazy versioning and all that:

...\Windows\Kits\10\Include\10.0.10586.0\um

I used a junction and had to copy files from shared to um to get
it to compile. I then get the error:

std.file.FileException at std\file.d(578):
..\sdk\win32\10.0.10240.0\activdbg.d: The system cannot find the
path specified.

Not sure why it's looking there... I went head and copied the
file to it though.. it's in sdk\port though in the visuald dir.

That didn't work as I guess the path is the VD dir and not the
Win kits... so I made it and copied.

Then this error:

..\sdk\win32\10.0.10586.0\activdbg.d: The system cannot find the
path specified.

Which I did the same:

Then I get something about project has been modified outside VS
and get this error

Translation successful!
Visual Studio now prompts to reload the vsi project, but cannot
do so because the build is still running.
Please reload the solution manually.
WindowsSdkDir=C:\Program Files\Windows\Kits\10\
could not detect the Windows SDK library folder
Building ..\bin\Debug\sdk_libs.success failed!

Anyways, I feel this will continue until the correct paths are
worked out.

Any ideas? I'm using Windows Kit 10.