DlangIDE

Binarydepth via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon May 16 07:38:31 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 15:21:34 UTC, Keywan Ghadami wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 17:04:28 UTC, Binarydepth wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 07:09:10 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to see any feedback.
>>> Submit your bug reports and feature requests as issues on
>>> GitHub.
>>> Pull requests are welcomed.
>>>
>>> Let's discuss further improvements to make it usable in real
>>> projects.
>>
>> A first step is to organize instead of being detailed. Maybe
>> you could consider what type of feedback or goals for feedback
>> you want.
>>
>> An important note is that the use of the word "usable" is not
>> equal of being able to run the program and is what I think
>> inspired criticism on the project. That's one aspect of Open
>> Source that nobody mentions, the lack of direction.
>>
>> The lack of direction seems to be what is not letting you have
>> new ideas for the project and you are discussing "features" in
>> development and not "technical" pursuit. Sticking to say "I
>> failed to implement Debugging" and not why you failed stating
>> the approach that you took well, says a lot...
>>
>> I would just say : "Hack it and if you get it to make
>> sandwiches then make me one"
>
> Hi Binarydepth,
>
> "lack of direction" is no problem in opensource, because
> opensource allows evolution. If something is not "useable" for
> you, you can use something else or improve it - thats up to you.
>
> Sometimes we only want to have one useful solutions and we
> can't understand why there are somemany other more or less
> "unuseful" things. Like tausend of programming languages when
> all you ever wanted is something like D ;-).
>
> But as soon you open your mind and think of the nature, you
> understand the beauty of evulution and the luck of having more
> then one solution.
>
> Did you know that the critics came frome Basile the author of
> coedit, another ide made especially for the programming
> language D. (btw thanks for that Basile ) From his point of
> view it must be stupid and contra productive to build an other
> ide from scratch instead of using his solution.
>
> One reason is to have an IDE written in D itself because that
> gives D- Programmers more freedom to improve or change things
> up to their needs. An other important thing is that dlangide
> uses other D libraries like dlangui and so help to improve that
> stuff too. So you see there is an reason and direction for
> dlangide.

  Maybe someday you will get your sandwich,
> made by some Robot controlled by program written in D by using
> the dlangide.
>

> Kind regards keywan

>If something is not "useable" for
> you, you can use something else or improve it -

> Vadim did a great job so far, so i am sure dlangide will stay
> with us a long long time. Hopefully some day Basile will see
> that it was an good idea to create dlangide and maybe people
> start telling him they want to have features known from the
> dlangide in coedit.

Total non-sense my friend, you are overloading on piece, There
are much more C# programmers available than D programmers. What
any IDE needs is not to crash and be maintained. You can actually
just make it not crash and make a good compiling script and done.
I don't care what program others are using If it doesn't work it
doesn't. The only thing you need to improve an IDE is the code
available to well skilled people. D has nothing to do with that.

You are overgeneralizing, we are talking an IDE, and there you
said it yourself, people are asking for features, you are really
a piece of work implying that they just don't find it useful for
their particular case. The lack of ability to give what a
programmer needs while *being* a programmer yourself is just
plain obvious lack of direction.