VisualD + dub generate results in linker error

Malte Kießling via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 16 09:15:20 PDT 2016

Hello,

Ive been using Visual Studio 2015 Community + dmd for quite a
while now. Because of the recent death of my SSD however I had to
reinstall my whole development toolchain.

I compiled the game engine i am working on from the command line
and it worked (dub build).
However using the generated visuald solution (dub generate
visuald) i run into the following error:

     LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei
"obj\debug\dummy\dragon2d\..\source\game\game.obj,P:\Projects\Dragon2D\engine\Dragon2D.exe,obj\debug\dummy\dragon2d\dragon2d.map,P:\Projects\Dragon2D\.dub\lib\dragon2d_d2dlib.lib+" kann nicht geöffnet werden.
     Building P:\Projects\Dragon2D\engine\Dragon2D.exe failed!

This has not happend before. Again, if i build it from the
command line it works out just fine. I put the whole log here:
http://pastebin.com/JzGZ6dHP

Also a successfull build on the command line:
http://pastebin.com/FX8hN5YA

The dub.json file the project uses:
https://github.com/DregginGames/Dragon2D/blob/dev-0.3/dub.json

I use dmd 2.071.1, dub is 1.0.0 and visual d is version 0.3.43.

Has anyone encounterd this before or knows what is happening and
can help me?

~mkalte