[Visual D] Would it be easy to support accurate project cleaning?

Random D user via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 20 11:56:35 PDT 2016

Currently Visual D seems to just do recursive delete for *.obj
(and few other files) for output and intermediate paths.

The problem is that the output path is basically also the working
directory of my application (which, I believe, is very common in
general) and it contains data files that have .obj file ending
(in this case wavefront .obj mesh files), which get cleaned as
well. Now I have to write protect them so that I can maintain
productive edit->compile->test cycle even if I clean the project
from time to time.

Would be possible for Visual D to track the files it generates
and just delete those, or put the generated .obj (and the rest
(not .exe, .lib, .dll etc.)) into separate directory or just
reuse the intermediate path?