FiraCode font - monospaced font with programming ligatures

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 25 02:39:56 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 06:17:53 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> https://github.com/tonsky/FiraCode/blob/master/README.md
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/4zsr4y/monospaced_font_with_programming_ligatures_in/
>
> It doesn't looks bad with D, even if I'm not a big fan of the
> && and @.

Bad things are waiting for you to forget a space:

x<-y        (x less-than (negate y)) becomes (x back-arrow y)
x<*ptr      (x less-than (dereference ptr)) becomes (x
very-haskell-op ptr)

Even worse if you use C++:

MyStrangeTemplate<-5> x;      becomes ((MyStrangeTemplate
back-arrow 5) greater-than x)

Some things are clearly designed for markup and functional-style
languages and don't look that good on C-style ones. But apart
from that, it is well-made. I may use it, but probably not for D.