[IDE pr0n] DDoc templates in Coedit

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 27 10:04:37 PDT 2017

Am Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:25:18 +0000
schrieb Basile B. <b2.temp at gmx.com>:

> Today's morning lead to this, a new command to insert the DDOC
> template for any function, template, class, struct or union.
>
> An AST visitor is used to accurately prepares the `Params:` and
> the `Returns:`.
>
> https://sendvid.com/tutungcq
>
> Avaialble now in Coedit ~master and in a few weeks for the 3
> update 1 release.

That's a sexy addition. It helps with authoring new code.
Maintenance help would be the next step. When you can entirely
remove DDoc from your cognitive load, it becomes more fun to
write code. I would imagine hints on public functions
without DDoc and warnings when DDoc parameter names go out of
sync.
Then again I have only looked twice at CoEdit and didn't want
to switch from Mono-D, because I had issues with the project
configuration options and the GUI toolkit would often behave
unexpectedly. I don't know how auto-completion compares
nowadays. Mono-D has the flexibility of incrementally parsing
code which means that you can be in the middle of an edit
with syntactical errors and still have auto-completion. Since
it is no longer maintained though, the future competition is
between you and that Eclipse project. :)

--
Marco