[IDE pr0n] DDoc templates in Coedit

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 27 10:46:11 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 17:04:37 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:25:18 +0000
> schrieb Basile B. <b2.temp at gmx.com>:
>
>> Today's morning lead to this, a new command to insert the DDOC
>> template for any function, template, class, struct or union.
>>
>> An AST visitor is used to accurately prepares the `Params:`
>> and the `Returns:`.
>>
>> https://sendvid.com/tutungcq
>>
>> Avaialble now in Coedit ~master and in a few weeks for the 3
>> update 1 release.
>
> That's a sexy addition. It helps with authoring new code.

Thanks. I've also added a feature that adds the * or the + when
ENTER is hit while in DDOC, but i did it this afternoon so it's
not shown in the video.

> Maintenance help would be the next step. When you can entirely
> remove DDoc from your cognitive load, it becomes more fun to
> write code. I would imagine hints on public functions
> without DDoc and warnings when DDoc parameter names go out of
> sync.
> Then again I have only looked twice at CoEdit and didn't want
> to switch from Mono-D, because I had issues with the project
> configuration options and the GUI toolkit would often behave
> unexpectedly. I don't know how auto-completion compares
> nowadays. Mono-D has the flexibility of incrementally parsing
> code which means that you can be in the middle of an edit
> with syntactical errors and still have auto-completion. Since
> it is no longer maintained though, the future competition is
> between you and that Eclipse project. :)

Completion relies on DCD. The current behavior is that you can
get completion before the error but not after. I've heard of this
incremental parsing in Mono-D semantic engine but haven't use it
since 2013 so i can't compare either.