VisualD.dll flagged during VisualD 0.45.0 installation as Trojan by McAfee

ShadoLight via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 3 05:00:39 PDT 2017

Hi,

For other users of McAfee AV software: Note that, during the
installation of VisualD 0.45.0, the VisualD.dll is detected as
GenericRXBS-NK!9A26B67896F trojan by my McAfee AV (Enterprise
v8.8 in my case).

Since I have been using VisualD (and D) for practically forever I
am sure this is a false-positive, and caused by McAfee's
new-fangled 'generically detected malware' algorithm!

I tried using the Quarantine Manager to 'restore' VisualD.dll,
but this does not work since McAfee does not 'remember'
previously restored files, and quarantine it every time VS loads
the DLL.

Since this is a corporate PC I cannot disable McAfee, so this
even stops me from ZIPping the damn DLL (to email to McAfee for
analysis).

I'll have to revert to VisualD 0.45.0-rc2 for now, but it would
be useful if someone can report this according to [1).

[1]: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85567