VisualD's Intellisense not workign with gtk

Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 3 19:31:24 PDT 2017

On Friday, 4 August 2017 at 01:33:53 UTC, Johnson Jones wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 06:30:07 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
> wrote:
>>

>> On 13.07.2017 01:55, FoxyBrown wrote:
>>>
>>> No luck. gtk. does nothing intellisense wise. I have all the
>>> check boxes checked under language options/intellisense.
>>
>> It works for me, but takes a couple of seconds to digest all
>> the gtk files. There is no completion before that finishes.
>> I've tried it with a file looking like this:
>>
>> module gtkAll;
>>
>> public import gtk.AboutDialog;
>> public import gtk.AccelGroup;
>>

>>> In the solution.json file, There is this, which only seems to
>>> be import modules and enums, no functions are added, maybe
>>> that is the problem? I do not have the gtk files in the
>>> solution(they are only imported during compilation), do I
>>> need to import them in to the solution for everything to
>>> work? (
>>>
>>> [
>>>   {
>>>    "name" : "gtk.All",
>>>    "kind" : "module",
>>>    "file" :
>>> "..\\..\\..\\DLang\\GtkD\\generated\\gtkd\\gtk\\All.d",
>>>    "members" : [
>>>     {
>>>      "name" : "gtk.AboutDialog",
>>>      "kind" : "import",
>>>      "line" : 3,
>>>      "char" : 15
>>>     },
>>>    ]
>>>   },
>>>

>> The project built JSON file only covers the files actually in
>> the project. You can create a full JSON file with the help of
>> rdmd, e.g.
>>
>> rdmd -X gtkd\gtkAll.d
>>
>> That will likely fail due to object file generation or link
>> errors, but should still build the JSON file.
>
> What do I do with the json file when it is created? Where does
> it go? I'd like to get intellisense to work with gtkD. I tried
> adding the gtkD but it locked up VS. The files are 10MB+. There
> are two files.
>
> gtkD_all.exe.json
> gtkD_all.json
>
> How do I tell visual D to look in those files to use for
> intellisense?
>
> Visual D has a "Build Phobos Browse Info". Is that essentially
> what it does but on the phobos src directory?

I put the files in a dir and told that under the JSON edit box in
properties in visual D/studio and eventually it seems that
intelligent started working. (it didn't work at first but after a
few hours I noticed that I was getting intellisense, not sure if
that is what did it or something else I might have fiddled with).

How does Visual D use those files? Does the file name have
anything to do with it or does it just load any files inside the
dir and then search the json for a match?

The reason I ask is so I can add other intellisense libraries to
it in the future and maybe be a bit more happier with visual D :)