Why lack of good IDE doesn't peek your attention

Eliatto via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 8 02:24:45 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 12:12:01 UTC, Gru wrote:
> I believe D can be a popular language, and it can build on the
> C++ popularity, but it needs to have really reliable tooling.
> In C#, language features and VS features go hand in hand. A
> language service for an IDE needs to work extremely reliably,
> just like any system.

I agree with you. I think that community members should choose
one IDE by voting and donate money to IDE developers. For
example, we will choose winner in 2017 among existing
crossplatform solutions (aka IDE of the year). Then we will
donate to the team for some period. The most wanted feature is a
refactoring server (IMHO), which can be shared among different
IDEs.