Visual D for mac?

bitwise via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 8 12:04:30 PDT 2017

On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 10:39:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2017-08-06 23:39, bitwise wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, it's worse than just updating the assemblies. I
>> tried to
>> get Mono-D working, but they've changed the way parsers work,
>> and I
>> think there were changes in the way a document is abstracted
>> as well -
>> meaning entire classes seem to have been added and removed. I
>> didn't
>> have much time for it, so that's about as far as I got.
>
> In a video from the build conference they mentioned that the
> editor component is now the same as on Windows.

Do you have a link to the video?

At first glance, there doesn't seem to be any discernible middle
ground between the two. I went looking for "extension points" and
found these:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/mac/extending-visual-studio-mac-walkthrough
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/extensibility/language-service-and-editor-extension-points

Building an abstraction-layer/adapter between those two doesn't
seem like a weekend project =x