VisualD modding

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 15 00:12:44 PDT 2017

On 14.08.2017 16:51, Johnson Jones wrote:
> On Monday, 14 August 2017 at 06:50:21 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>
>> You can capture the state of the line before default execution with
>>
>> mNextTarget.Exec()
>>
>> Maybe your code could just be moved up there to begin with.
>
> Moved up where?
>
> I see 'int rc = mNextTarget.Exec(pguidCmdGroup, nCmdID, nCmdexecopt,
> pvaIn, pvaOut);'
>
> which is about all that is used with mNextTarget.Exec, but it is calling
> it rather than overriding it in some way.

That's how the chaining works, this call executes the default
implementation of the command.

> Once I get some progress I'll submit some patches, right now I'm just
> toying around with it trying to see how it's all set up. While I can do
> some things I feel like I'm gonna have to revamp some of the editing(all
> optional) because I get pretty frustrated in Visual D due to time
> consuming processes of wrangling with spaces.

Apart from "smart indentation", there is little that Visual D does to
spacing, it's default VS behavior. Even the "elastic tabs" plugin works
(in VS2015), and I like its functionality of keeping code vertically
aligned automatically, but I don't think it's a good idea to enhance
tabs for this as the code will look broken everywhere else. Instead, it
should just fill in tabs/spaces as usual.

> e.g., when one hits return it always seems to take them to the start of
> the line, then tabs move one at a time instead of jumping to the
> previous tab indention. One one had many nesting and about 10+ tabs,
> this is time consuming, and must be done for each line. Similar issues
> occur with backspace, delete, etc.

Do you have "smart indentation" enabled?