Intellisense madness

Profile Anaysis via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 1 16:45:09 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 22:03:34 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

Thanks

>> I might try to implement some features at some point. I think
>> I would
>> like to get mago working better first though because I feel D's
>> debugging is very poor at this point(sort of bare minimum). I
>> just need
>> to get it to compile ;)
>>

> If you want to hack on mago: You don't need to compile Visual D
> for it, it is a different (C++) project:
> https://github.com/rainers/mago.
>
> I suggest you should focus on the Concord debugger extension
> MagoNatCC. It's installation for debugging is very simple: just
> copy the resulting DLL into
> <VSInstallPath>\Common7\Packages\Debugger.

I tried building Mago and it seems it requires an earlier VS than
2015 as some of the libs report being out of date(MSVC ver 1900
vs 1800 or something)

Does the concord debugger extension require mago to build or is
it a standalone project? Basically I'd like to be able to
investigate the issues with some symbols not showing and possible
ways to improve the debugging experience. I feel like I'll have
to install a separate older version of VS to get it to compile
though.