Why lack of good IDE doesn't peek your attention

Jerry via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 16 21:53:41 PST 2017

On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 18:04:43 UTC, SC wrote:
> D lang exist for more than a decade and it still haven't got a
> proper IDE with decent debugging support
>
> The comunity is splitting their effort in personal IDE projects
> that will die at some point because lack of interest/motivation
>
> I know lot of people who prefer to learn something else because
> of lack of IDE/Tooling

They aren't really splitting their efforts, there isn't much to
implement as they all use the same backend tools that provides
all the functionality. It' just the small amount of code to
integrate it. People do what they do cause they want to. I would
hate the fact if everyone just got up and only developed a
Intellij plugin. I don't like those IDEs, they tend to be slow
and bloated.

Have you even tried Mono D or Visual D? They have decent
debugging support. Just cause there isn't an Intellij plugin
doesn't mean there aren't decent IDEs.