VisualD + dub Want to contribute

Xavier Bigand via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 07:02:20 PST 2017

Le 18/02/2017 à 10:22, Rainer Schuetze a écrit :

> On 16.02.2017 20:15, Xavier Bigand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Firstly I need to say that I am mostly a windows user that don't like
>> using command line, and I prefer well integrated tools.
>>
>> This is why I think that dub and VisualD should works more together.
>> I think that VisualD should be able to generate a solution based on a
>> dub.sdl configuration file and auto detect changes to update the
>> solution.
>> It is possible to do something similar with CMake except that the Visual
>> generator is called by CMake GUI and Visual doesn't detect changes in
>> CMakeList.txt files directly, it use a pre-process during the
>> compilation.
>>
>> I already saw small improvements I can do on dub or VisualD to reach
>> that goal, but before doing PRs I am preferring to be sure that Rainer
>> Schuetze and Sönke Ludwig will accept changes that go in this direction.
>>
>> I already made a PR to dub:
>> https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/1051
>
> I'm not a dub user, but I'm happy to accept pull requests that improve
> integration with dub.

Good to know.

> Please note that the next version of Visual D (to be released in a
> couple of days) will feature an integration of D files into Visual C/C++
> projects that provides a more seamless experience. Not sure whether/when
> this will make Visual D's own project format obsolete. It shouldn't be
> to hard to generate a vcxproject, though.

I forgot that, I'll wait a little in this case, because I saw a small
bug with the reload of a VisualD project that will certainly become
obsolete too.
Maybe the way to go will be to start to add a new generator to dub.
And maybe this may help with the dub integration, because the path of
the dub.sdl configuration file has to be saved in the Visual solution,
and having the vcxproject should allow the usage of pre-compilation
command. I this case doing just like CMake seems possible.