How to debug from VisualD with redirected standard input?

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 11 13:21:29 PST 2017

On 10.01.2017 20:48, lafoldes wrote:
> How can I debug a program from VisualD, with standard input redirected
> from a file?
>
> Adding "<input.txt" as a command argument didn't work.
>
> I use the Mago debugger, but I think this is not relevant, the
> redirection should happen in the VisualD itself.

Visual D does not support the redirection as part of the debug options.

If you load the application executable as a separate project, you can
debug the application using the usual command line options for
redirection, but with the VS debug engine.

If you run VS2015 and have a recent build installed from appveyor (e.g.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/8rosl2530m8un2bk/artifacts),
and build with dmd 2.072 or later, you'll also get Mago integration for
D code.