Visual D needs to support VS better

Profile Anaysis via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 27 19:45:18 PST 2017

On Thursday, 26 January 2017 at 08:24:37 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 23.01.2017 23:23, Profile Anaysis wrote:
>> [...]
>
>> [...]
>
> I never use it myself when working in C++, but I agree, it
> would be nice to have. At first glance there seems to be little
> support to implement it easily, though. The Code Definition
> window works, though.
>
>> [...]
>
> The current implementation is very experimental. Never had the
> time to improve it though. Refactoring tools are pretty nasty
> because D is not a simple language...

But it shouldn't be hard to return something. I'd rather have
invalid results than no results at all. A simple file search
would do. If it returned entries that were in comments, I
wouldn't mind.

>> [...]
> [...]
>> [...]
>
> The debugging experience very much relies on the debug info
> emitted by the compiler. Unfortunately this is a rather
> neglected part of the compiler as the main developers prefer
> printf debugging.
>
> [...]
>>[...]
>
> There should be some improvements with the recent beta and the
> latest dmd release. If you have reproducible issues, please
> file them here: https://issues.dlang.org/

The 0.44b2 didn't help(or made things worse).