Visual D needs to support VS better

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 30 11:32:43 PST 2017

On 30.01.2017 02:50, Profile Anaysis wrote:
> also, "globals"(non-locals) do not show up in watch list/locals at all
> ;/ Makes it very hard to debug ;/
>
> If I put, say, a variable outside a function, it will not be in any list
> and I cannot see it's value unless I make a local alias to it.

Unfortunately, there is no debug information about the current module
scope. To watch globals, you need to specify them fully qualified (with
module and package name, e.g. "pkg.module.var"). Depending on the
debugger engine, you'll have to replace '.' with '@'.

Static variables inside extern(D) functions are supported in mago,
because the scope can be extracted from the function name.