Some issues building visual D and mago

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 30 11:41:31 PST 2017

On 28.01.2017 06:41, Profile Anaysis wrote:
> 1. VSSDK 140 needs to be added to the search checks in SDK.bat
>     if "%VSISDKINC%" == "" if not "%VSSDK140Install%" == "" set
> VSISDKINC=%VSSDK140Install%
>
> 2. WinSDK setter in SDK_libs is wrong. Not sure why, but probably a
> setup issue on my end. I forced it to the correct location
>
> 3. coffimplib path is hard coded. I pointed it to my dmd2/windows/bin
> location. (not error, just "file not found")
>

> I suggest outputting better error messages that specifically tell the
> user that they need to find the correct paths and hard code them.
>
> After building VisualD project,
>
> I get the errors
>
> vsi\vsshell140.d(768): Error: no identifier for declarator PROXYSTUB_BUILD
> Building ..\bin\Debug\vsi.lib failed!
> Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib...
> logger.d(67): Error: undefined identifier 'doFormat' in module 'std.format'
> Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib failed!
>

> vscommands.d(1498): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidAddinManager'
> vscommands.d(1498): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> ("AddinManager") of type string to const(uint)
> vscommands.d(2231): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidNewFileBreakpoint'
> vscommands.d(2231): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> ("cmdidNewFileBreakpoint") of type string to const(uint)
> vscommands.d(2237): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointLocation'
> vscommands.d(2237): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> ("cmdidBreakpointLocation") of type string to const(uint)
> vscommands.d(2238): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointCondition'
> vscommands.d(2238): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> ("cmdidBreakpointCondition") of type string to const(uint)
> vscommands.d(2239): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointHitCount'
> vscommands.d(2239): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> ("cmdidBreakpointHitCount") of type string to const(uint)
> vscommands.d(2241): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointAction'
> vscommands.d(2241): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> ("cmdidBreakpointAction") of type string to const(uint)
>

> along with a lot of string contatenation issues(depreciated).
>

> Seems doFormat was removed? Maybe that will fix all the other errors.

It seems you are trying to build an older version. I have merged my
changes about a week ago. There is also a build on Appveyor that is not
complaining:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/

It could be that your Windows SDK is newer than Appveyors version
10.0.14393.0. The automatic conversion might need a little adaptio in
that case.