VisualD's Intellisense not workign with gtk

FoxyBrown via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 7 10:23:25 PDT 2017

Hi, I get no intellisense with visual d when using gtk.

I use a file that imports all of gtk, like so:

module gtk.All;

public import gtk.AboutDialog;
public import gtk.WindowGroup;

then I use

import gtk = gtk.All

but when using

gtk.
or gtk.WindowGroup.

or somegtkWidget.

no intellisense ever appears or it appears with only the basic
object elements.

This makes it very hard to navigate through gtk as I am
unfamiliar with most of the nomenclature.

Is there any way to get VisualD to properly show the intellisense
for these objects and modules? Even if necessarily having to
specify direct inclusion.

If I just do

gtk.gtk.gtk.gtk.gtk.gtk.gtk....

in an empty d file it goes on and on always listing the same
intellisense. Changing things like gtk.gtkd.gtk.gtkd.... doesnt
change the results.

The intellisense listed is ByRecord, Error, Exception, File,
Interface, etc. I do not think they are part of gtk.

In any case, it clearly isn't working and there doesn't seem to
be any way to correct it. It would be nice if we could precompile
intellisense data from a set of modules(e.g., specify that it
build an intellisense database from a directory recursively...
probably would be faster too). Phobos, gtk, and other libraries
generally do not change often enough that it should work well.
One of the biggest issues I seem to have with Visual D is
intellisense not really working correctly, if it works at all,
but this isn't a hard problem, is it?