VisualD's Proof Of Bigfoot!

FoxyBrown via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 21 18:27:03 PDT 2017

On Friday, 21 July 2017 at 19:37:25 UTC, FoxyBrown wrote:
> Here is a visual to prove some of the bad behavior that visual
> D is having and turning me off from D. Since no one will
> believe that such problems could exist, I decided to get a
> video of the yeti up close and personal.
>
> The video should be self explanatory. These are not the only
> problems I have run in to with Visual D. I do not think my
> system is unique, windows 10 + Visual Studio 2017. Anyone that
> uses that combination should run in to these issues fairly
> quickly I'd imagine(I've had them on several other system
> combinations also).
>
> I have issues with the watch values not being correct. They
> also are reported before they "exist"(according to the line
> number. They should be hidden if the local line number <
> declaration line number of the variable).
>
> http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=89572735278741121549

and another problem is that if one puts a BP on the line below a
loop, one is forced to step through the loop as if the BP was
inside the loop.

There seems to be a general bug in the source code to line
mapping where end of groups are not treated properly and only the
last declaration is used... and possibly an off-by-1 bug.