RC 2 - Visuald on VS2017

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 22 01:28:53 PDT 2017

On 22.07.2017 10:03, jj wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 July 2017 at 07:22:04 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> Last time you reported similar problems with Kaspersky complaining.
>> Maybe it got into the way during installation.
>
> i turned it completely off during install - no change
>
>> Also, you've reported that "devenv /RootSuffix D" did the trick (this
>> initializes a new registry hive). Not a perfect solution, but did you
>> try it this time, too?
>
> fortunately that did help - but just once. i make a project
> (dmd,console) compile (doesn't work because dmd install doesn't set the
> the environment correctly).
>
> i leave VS2017 - close. reopen VS2017 the VS-D menu is gone. can't open
> project because of missing template - VS2017 asks to delete my project.

Not sure if it's obvious, but you always have to start the IDE with
"devenv /RootSuffix D" to use the new registry hive.

Some random guesses why the standard installation doesn't work for you:

- Did you change the default installation location of VS2017?

- Are you installing/running as a restricted user?