VisualD's Proof Of Bigfoot!

jj via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 23 05:36:48 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 23 July 2017 at 07:56:14 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Unfortunately, Visual D is still a one man project, and I have
> also "inherited" maintenance of the external dependencies (the
> debug engine and the semantic engine). There is little help
> from the main D developers to improve debug information as they
> don't seem to use debuggers, but prefer printf debugging (which
> is sometimes better if a lot of information needs to be logged).
>
> So it's pretty tough to meet the expected standards of C++ or
> even C# environments. Any help is welcome.

thats too bad. your project was the one that let me try to try D,
which i postponed the last time to a new version, because of the
existing problems. if D the com padres (Walter and Andrei) think
to have to oust a lot people that use windoze, then that is ok,
but maybe they should be fair enough to tell people so.
reading this and other threads leads me to definitely wait
another year or so  - and to maybe come back and see what
developed up to that time.
presently i could not recommend D to any of my co workers.

please keep up your good work with Visual D.
Thank you for your time and effort.