I can't Hello World!

Jupiter via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 8 17:32:24 PST 2017

On Sunday, 5 March 2017 at 19:57:56 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 05.03.2017 01:44, Better World wrote:
>> On Saturday, 4 March 2017 at 07:58:45 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
>> wrote:
>>> If you press Ctrl+F5, the program is run without debugger,
>>> but won't
>>> close the console window unless you press a key.
>>
>> Thank you.
>> I tried your advice but I see no console either way. I
>> inserted a
>> Thread.sleep() call and apparently it delays the program
>> termination but
>> doesn't allow me to see the console still. Inserting a call to
>> readln()
>> instead results in a bad descriptor exception.
>
> I suspect you started from a Windows Application template. You
> should then switch the "Subsystem" to "Console" (on the
> "General" page of the project configuration settings).

Hi,
     I started Today with D and VS too,
      A quesiton please,
  When I compile with dmd in console I get a *.exe in my current
directory.
  But when I compile with rdmd the exe is far away
in User Local temp and with a long name, the same stuff with
Visual Studio plugin.
I am studying, no project yet, I want File alone compilation.
   Could I set the directory Output for rdmd as dmd is doing, in
the current directory ?
  VS plugin is using rdmd, I believe.
   Perhaps,.. Could I  switch to dmd in VS 2013?

Greeting
  thanks.
(sorry my english)