VisualD can't build x64, Internal error: backend\mscoffobj.c 2016

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 17 04:28:16 PDT 2017

Building with dub works fine, I can even build with dub and debug
the exe in VS2013/15. I generated the VisualD project from dub,
tried debug and release, tried the recently released VisualD the
version before both the same error. I tried to enable "Use
MS-COFF object file format for Win32" on each separate project in
the solution and confirmed that the linker for x64 is set to
"$(VCINSTALLDIR)bin\link.exe" in the global project and solution
settings.

What am I missing?