VisualD can't build x64, Internal error: backend\mscoffobj.c 2016

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 17 15:01:55 PDT 2017

On 17.03.2017 12:28, ParticlePeter wrote:
> Building with dub works fine, I can even build with dub and debug the
> exe in VS2013/15. I generated the VisualD project from dub, tried debug
> and release, tried the recently released VisualD the version before both
> the same error. I tried to enable "Use MS-COFF object file format for
> Win32" on each separate project in the solution and confirmed that the
> linker for x64 is set to "$(VCINSTALLDIR)bin\link.exe" in the global
> project and solution settings.
>
> What am I missing?

backend\mscoffobj.c is a source file of dmd, not Visual D. The given
line contains an assert in dmd 2.073, but is in a very generic function,
so it's hard to tell what has gone wrong.

You might want to extract the dmd command line from the build log and
reduce it to see what command line option is actually causing the assert.