Why lack of good IDE doesn't peek your attention

burber via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 18 18:59:57 PDT 2017

Yeah I personally think having an IDE that holds an environment
similar to a Java IDE it would be pretty nice. Something like
IntelliJ for D (the plugin is alright but it isn't as fast as
writing Java in IntelliJ when I write D. Right now I use Eclipse
with DDT since it has a nice auto completion feature and some
other stuff. It's pretty good, but creating D files is kinda
weird. You don't create a D class, you create a blank file that
you have to manually set the extension type to and is in a folder
rather than something like a package/module. I tried some other
IDEs that were on the Wiki but they either a) didn't work or b)
weren't that good. With the IntelliJ plugin (which seems pretty
good in the screenshots) it crashed the IDE and produced a bunch
of errors.

I think if D wanted to attract more attention or appeal to the
Java crowd, they could quite easily do that and gain a lot more
users if they were to create an IDE that was very similar in
terms of assisting the user in typing automatically like almost
any popular Java IDE. I really hope an IDE is released that is
what I'm describing and if their isn't I'll have to look into
making one.