VisualD can't build x64, Internal error: backend\mscoffobj.c 2016

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 20 12:00:04 PDT 2017

On 20.03.2017 11:32, ParticlePeter wrote:
> On Friday, 17 March 2017 at 22:01:55 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>
>> backend\mscoffobj.c is a source file of dmd, not Visual D. The given
>> line contains an assert in dmd 2.073, but is in a very generic
>> function, so it's hard to tell what has gone wrong.
>>
>> You might want to extract the dmd command line from the build log and
>> reduce it to see what command line option is actually causing the assert.
>
> Thanks for your reply, I tried it. The problem in my case is the -c flag
> (compile only, do not link ). Without that flag everything works fine.
>
> How do I get rid of that flag through the visuald project settings?
> Can't figure it out.

-c tells dmd to just compile, not link. Pretty strange that this might
make a difference during object file generation (that's what mscoffobj.c
does).

You might reduce the error a bit by switching to "single file
compilation". Or try dustmite to reduce the error (see
http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/DustMite.html).