VisualD solution (initially generated by dub) breaks if folder depth changes

MouseFace via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed May 10 22:37:29 PDT 2017

I used dub to generate a VisualD solution with the dependencies I
needed. Then I pushed it to a remote repository and then cloned
it to a new location on the same PC to see if it worked out of
the box... no such luck...

I moved my original folder around and if I only change the folder
name everything works, but if I nest it deeper in the file system
I'll get errors like:

Error: module sdl is in file 'derelict\sdl2\sdl.d' which cannot
be read

If I run "dub generate visuald" it fixes it, but I'm hoping
there's something else I can do that'll make it so my
collaborators and I can just "git pull" and not have to worry
about file paths getting messed up.

...and if anyone knows... why does my .dub/obj have so many
nested dummy folders?
".dub\obj\debug\dummy\dummy\dummy\dummy"
Is that supposed to be like that? I feel like this might have
something to do with my problem.

Thanks.