Steps to build Hello World with Vibe.d and VisualD

Brother Bill via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue May 23 03:06:24 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 6 March 2016 at 12:53:24 UTC, Brother Bill wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 March 2016 at 08:47:33 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 06.03.2016 01:20, Brother Bill wrote:
>>> VisualD is up and running.
>>> I can build vibe.d outside of VisualD and it runs OK.
>>>
>>> What I can't do is build, debug and run Vibe.d within VisualD
>>> inside
>>> Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition.
>>>
>>> I get this error when I attempt to build the initial Hello
>>> World inside
>>> VisualD:
>>>    Error: module d is in file 'vibe\d.d which cannot be read
>>>
>>> Please provide step by step instructions of how to create a
>>> Visual
>>> Studio Solution/Project, add vibe.d to it, and run Hello
>>> World within
>>> VisualD.
>>>

>> I'm not a user of vibe.d, but AFAICT the expected usage is to
>> let dub generate the solution for you with "dub generate
>> visuald".
>>
>> Even if you don't want to use the generated project, it will
>> show you how to set the import path to find the vibe.d sources
>> (which leads to the error above), add vibe.d version
>> identifiers and library files for linking.
>
> This is good.  Success now.  Here are the step by step
> instructions.
>
> I have all my vibed projects in D:\D\vibed\
>   which is my starting directory path.  You should substitute
> your directory path, such as C:\D\vibed\ or C:\vibed\
>
> In Windows Console:
>   D:\D\vibed> dub init Page7_Greetings -t vibe.d
>   Successfully created an empty project in
> 'D:\vibed\Page7_Greetings
>
>   D:\D\vibed> cd Page7_Greetings
>
>   D:\D\vibed\Page7_Greetings> dub generate visuald
>   Solution 'page7_greetings.sln' generated.
>   Copying files for vibe-d:core...
>
> Open D:\D\vibed\Page7_Greetings\page7_greetings.sln in Visual
> Studio 2015 Community Edition.
>
> Change D:\D\vibed\page7_greetings\page7_greetings\source\app.d,
> line 15
>   from: res.writeBody("Hello, World!");
>     to: res.writeBody("Greetings, World!");
>   just to make a change and see that it takes.
>
> In Visual Studio run:
>   Debug | Start Debugging (F5)
>
> Open Firefox browser to:
>   localhost:8080
>
> which displays:
>   Greetings, World!

When trying this in Visual Studio 2017, when building 5 same
error messages appear.
"Deprecation: alias diet.traits.FilterCallback is deprecated -
Use SafeFilterCallback instead."

Replacing static FilterCallback with static SafeFilterCallback
just creates two different errors.

Any ideas on how to build Hello, World! with vibe-d, VisualD and
Visual Studio 2017?
Thank you!