New indents in Visual D not tab aligned

Joseph via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 14 15:48:22 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 at 20:53:09 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 13.09.2017 06:03, Joseph wrote:
>> In Visual D, when I create a new indentation with smart
>> indents enabled, such as starting an inline lambda, the
>> indentation is not tab aligned, requiring me fix it manually.
>> If I forget then everything is off and difficult to fix.
>>
>> It seems that indention in Visual D does not obey tabbing when
>> smart tabs are set. I'm not sure if it is the general case,
>> but it generally always seems to add 2 spaces, which throws
>> everything off by 2 spaces.
>>
>> Could this be fixed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joseph
>
> I don't see any problems. Could you provide a concrete example?
> What VS version do you use? What are your tab/space settings?
> Virtual space enabled?

Really?

When you type something in like

void foo(()
{
});

(the new lines are enters, the ide should indent the { and });)
that the { and }); are aligned to tabs?

When I do that they are not. When ever I hit enter and a smart
indent is made automatically for me, they are not tab aligned but
have extra space.

it looks something like this

|    |    |    |    |  <- tabs
void foo(()
             {
             });

In fact, here is code copied from the editor when I enter the
above:

void foo(()
          {}

So is one space off.

If I use fo instead of foo, it is aligned, just because `void
fo(` is 8 chars or 2 tabs. Visual D seems to completely ignore
aligning to tabs and instead uses some other logic that isn't
appropriate.