Visual D support for VS 2008 and 32-bit Windows

AB ab396356 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 25 13:15:25 UTC 2017

On Monday, 25 September 2017 at 07:00:40 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> It is supposed to work, yes. I suspect the problem is that the
> 32-bit executables have been linked with the MS-linker default
> OS version 6.0.
>
> I switched to the MS linker with v0.45.1, so any version before
> that should work on XP, too.

I have installed the previous version, v.45.0, but now the build
fails in a different way:

---

cannot monitor 64-bit executable dmd, no suitable tracker.exe
found
cannot monitor 64-bit executable C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\link.exe,
no suitable tracker.exe found
"Win32\Debug\ConsoleApp1.exe" not created!
Building Win32\Debug\ConsoleApp1.exe failed!

---

The above error message seems nonsensical, because the link.exe
file is a 32-bit executable.

Note that the installed DMD version is: 2.076.0.