VSCode DLS in offline environment?

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:44:49 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 at 11:46:22 UTC, Rel wrote:
> I'm doing all development in offline environment, so my
> computer doesn't have internet access So I downloaded and
> installed latest DMD, downloaded and installed VSCode extension
> "VSCode DLS", downloaded DLS executable from github and put it
> into DMD's bin folder. When I try to create and edit d-file in
> VSCode i get the error:
>
> Starting client failed
> Error: unsupported server configuration {
>     "command":""
> }
>
> at main.js:356:35
>
> How can I fix this? Also how do I install dub packages in
> offline environment?

If you dowloaded the dls executable yourself, you will have to
set d.dlsPath in VSCode's settings to executable's ful' path so
it can find it.
If you already did it, then I have yet another bug to fix...
If this is the case, can you tell me what OS you're using?

Regarding dub packages, I don't know... Most projects are on
github or gitlab though, so you should be able to dowload their
sources from there.