VisualD D/C++ Win32 precompiled headers issue.

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Aug 27 07:35:45 UTC 2018

On 27/08/2018 00:01, Sjoerd Nijboer wrote:
> On Sunday, 26 August 2018 at 19:45:46 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> Try this preliminary build for the next version:
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/94iqvfc4wvpcv0b3/artifacts
>>

> Fails compilation with a different bug:
> 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\VisualD\msbuild\dcompile.targets(110,15): error
> MSB4064: The "DoNotLink" parameter is not supported by the "CompileD"
> task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a settable
> public instance property.
> 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\VisualD\msbuild\dcompile.targets(102,5): error
> MSB4063: The "CompileD" task could not be initialized with its input
> parameters.
>
> A pure VisualD win32 application seems to work but any D/C++ win32
> application seems to fail.
>
> So I tried this version from which I assume is the version to bring the
> fix of the original problem but it still wouldn't compile.
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/1.0.202/job/36p850f70hwyp6r7/artifacts
>

> Possible regression or a new issue that doesnt exist on /dlang/visuald,
> but does on /rainers/visuald ?

It's just the preliminary build. AppVeyor doesn't have VS2017 and VS2015
installed at the same time, but building Visual D currently needs both
to build the msbuild integration DLLs. As a workaround it just copies
dbuild15.dll from an older Visual D installation. I've upgraded the
downloaded version, so the next build should be ok.