Cannot compile hello word out of the box in Visual D

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Dec 10 22:57:29 UTC 2018

> I installed dmd, Visual D, but cannot compile project in VS.

What version of Visual D? If downloaded by the dmd installer it is not
the latest, see https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases

On 10/12/2018 10:56, Michal Minich wrote:
> set VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC
This looks wrong to me, it is set to something else for me:

VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2017\Community\VC\

Instead VCIDEInstallDir is set to the same value as in your installation:

VCIDEInstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\

Maybe you did not install any C++ toolchain? If it is there you should
also check the executable search path as John mentioned. There is also
an explicit linker path setting which might point to a wrong location
with your setting above.