Christmas request! VD closure debugging

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Dec 15 07:33:30 UTC 2018

On 15/12/2018 01:45, Michelle Long wrote:
> On Friday, 14 December 2018 at 18:40:47 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 14/12/2018 04:21, Michelle Long wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Have you tried the latest release with dmd master/nightly? I have
>> added appropriate debug information to be generated by dmd and added
>> support for these in mago. It should show variables captured from an
>> outer function as local variables.
>

> Cool, I tried but the link was down:
>
> https://downloads.dlang.org/nightlies/dmd-master/dmd.master.windows.7z

Not sure why this doesn't work, but the release archive still works:
http://downloads.dlang.org/nightlies/dmd-master-2018-12-15/

> I assume I'll have to download the VD nightly too?

No, version 0.48 already has that.

> Is there a link to that?

Development mostly happens on my fork and is tested by
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald. The resulting
installers are slightly different than actual releases due to
limitations of the images provided by Appveyor (i.e. not all versions of
VS installed in the same image).