Debugger shows base as type

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 04:14:12 UTC 2018

The debugger shows a type as it's base type, at least with arrays:

class A; class B : A;

A[] As;

As ~= B;

Then A[0] is shown as an A.

In fact, it shows A then B inside A, something like

I think it is more natural to have the most derived shown first
AND if the parent has just one or two fields or three
fields(possibly depending inversely on how many the child has, up
to a max of 10, say) they are consumed by the child.

class A
{
int x;
}

class B : A
{
int y;
int z;
}

Would look like

while currently it is like

If A had more then it would fall in to a sub tree.

It should always try to use the most derived type for the type
since as programmers that is how we think about them.

This requires us digging down a hierarchy to find the types
values that we generally want to know most about.