Code completion with DCD in VS Code

Francis Nixon 13nixonf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 19:23:12 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 14:58:51 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 at 21:24:57 UTC, Timo Gransch
> wrote:
>> Am Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:13:16 +0000
>> schrieb visitor <visitor at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Thanks a lot! Now it does. :-)
>>
>> Just one correction for the archives: The keyboard shortcut is
>> Ctrl-Shift-P. I even didn't need to reload the import path.
>> Just "restart DCD Server" did the trick.
>>
>> https://picload.org/view/ddlawcoa/dcd4.png.html
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> There are several interesting things in the making concerning
>> IDEs. DlangIDE for example has nicely working code completion
>> and is very lightweight and easy to use, but unfortunately
>> lacks some debugging features like custom watches.
>>
>> Let's see what 2018 will bring to the D community.
>>
>> Thanks again and best regards,
>> Timo
>
> Can somebody tell me how it works for intelliJ?
> There the shortcut seems not to work :P

I'm one of the core devs for the intellij plugin.
Make sure that the following are setup:

1. You have a D project sdk, under File > Project Structure

2. If your project is a dub project make sure you have added your
dependencies to the intellij project. This can be done
automatically via Tools > Process D Libraries. In future releases
this will be done automatically whenever dub.json/sdl is changed.

3.Dcd server and client executable paths are configured under
Settings > Other Settings > D Tools. In future releases this is
moving to Languages & Frameworks. The next release will also add
an option to disable builtin completion, which you will probably
want to do.

Please note that because of the way intellij handles saving files
certain dcd operations are be done synchronously which can create
performance issues.We are working on this. Code completion is
currently a mix of intellij code completion and dcd, symbols from
dcd have a d logo next too them.