Code completion with DCD in VS Code

Timo Gransch timo.gransch at web.de
Tue Jan 9 21:29:30 UTC 2018

Hello,

can anybody please help me get code completion in either VS Code (CodeD) or IntelliJ IDEA (IntelliJ D Language 1.15.4) to work under Ubuntu x86-64?

For IntelliJ, I installed DCD 0.9.1-Q from d-apt, configured the installation path under "D Tools" in the IntelliJ configuration (path is detected automatically) and added a configuration file dcd.conf under ~/.config/dcd, which looks like this:

/usr/include/dmd/druntime/import/
/usr/include/dmd/phobos/

Unforunately when I press the dot after an object name in the editor, I get a random list of suggestions instead of the correct method names, please see

https://picload.org/view/ddldidri/dcd.png.html

VS Code installs it's own version of DCD. The suggestions are simply a list of all keywords in the current file, please see

https://picload.org/view/ddldioga/dcd2.png.html

Can anybody please tell me how to fix this?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Timo